The In-Store Implementation Sharegroup is expanding membership and redefining its mission. The decision follows the overwhelming response to the April 2008 release of the Working Paper, In-Store Implementation: Current Status and Future Solutions. To date, the group has received more than 600 inquiries and dozens of membership requests.
To harness all of this positive energy, it is creating a new, more inclusive vehicle for the group, the In-Store Implementation Network. The ISI Network will continue and expand upon the work of the ISI Sharegroup. An e-letter last week outlined the following mission:
- Continue to research and publicize ISI issues
- Develop and share ISI case studies and superior practices
- Research effective and practical ISI tools
- Promote education on Implementation and at-retail compliance
- Share learnings through industry conference presentations
- Maintain an ISI knowledge resource for members
Coordinating the ISI Network and expanding its base is a major focus for my firm, VSN Strategies, and I consider it a privilege to be associated with the founding member companies. In coming months I anticipate playing a key role in advancing the group’s educational and communications missions.
The In-Store Implementation initiative will assume a high profile in 2009. It is a multi-billion dollar industry opportunity that may be realized only through concerted efforts of many in the retail and consumer products industry. The ISI Network will be a channel for that energy.